Volunteers are a vital part of both Enterprise Village and Finance Park. This need is filled not only by parents of participating students, but also by community volunteers and corporate partners.
This is a unique, exciting opportunity for volunteers from all walks of life to impact the future of our children!
- Small-group interaction with students
- Fast, easy registration
- Short mandatory training class
- Flexible scheduling
- Fun & Rewarding!
- Volunteer Training takes place the morning of your student’s visit.
If you or your business would like to get involved, or if you would like more information, contact our Community Liaison, Karen Brighton at (727) 588-3746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download Pinellas County School's Volunteer Registration Form
1. What is my role as a volunteer?
You will be assigned to work in a business with a small group of children
Your duties will be to –
- assist students in performing their assigned job duties
- help the students prepare their bank deposits
- Make certain that students take their breaks at assigned times
- Help students price items for sale (in applicable businesses)
2. Will I be able to work in the same business as my child?
No. If there is more than one school attending you will be placed with students from your school, but not directly with your child.
3. What should I wear?
Your attire should be business casual, but make certain to wear comfortable shoes as you may be on your feet a great deal. Also, it can sometimes be a little chilly, so you may want to bring a sweater or jacket.
4. What are my lunch options?
You may purchase a McDonald’s lunch for the current price of a school lunch.
This lunch consists of a hamburger, five chicken nuggets, cookies and a drink.
There are a limited number of small garden salads available on a first-come-first-serve basis. You are also welcome to bring your own lunch. Refrigeration is available.
5. If I have previously volunteered at Enterprise Village do I need to attend the mandatory training?
If it has been more than two years since your volunteer experience then you need to attend the training. (Please note that Enterprise Village and Finance Park are entirely different programs. Previous volunteer experience in one program does not prepare you for the other.)
6. Am I able to bring a younger sibling?
No. Due to insurance restrictions, volunteers may not bring non-participating children.